A.T.Little & Sons Ltd T/A Browns Books realise that planned prevention or reduction of pollution is cheaper than rectification after the event. It therefore makes sense to minimise waste and pollution to reduce long term costs.
Our Policy begins with a consideration of the impact of the Company’s activities on both the local and wider communities and will take account of transportation of raw materials, use of energy, distribution of finished product and discharge of emissions and wastes.
The Company therefore has the following commitments and objectives to:-
• Minimise disturbance to the local and global environment and to the quality of life of the local communities;
• Comply with all relevant statutory regulations;
• Maintain appearances and highest environmental standards withinthe Company premises;
• Make positive steps to conserve scarce and non-renewable resources;
• Assess, in advance if possible, environmental effects of new processes and developments;
• Provide necessary information to enable proper use, storage and disposal of Company products to avoid harm to the environment;
• Provide necessary information to enable employees to operate processes properly and minimise effects on man and the environment;
• Keep the public informed of major new projects in the locality.
To develop the Company paying full regard to the environment and taking into account the view of all parties whose interest may be affected.
The Company will act in accordance with appropriate codes of practice.
This Policy will be communicated to all employees.
The Managing Director has ultimate responsibility for this Policy and through the Management team and supervisors, will direct this Policy to all concerned.
This policy will be regularly reviewed and updated to take account of organisational priorities and changes, environmental legislation and best practice.
Review: March 2021