LoveReading is the UK’s leading portfolio of book recommendation websites. Their mission is to promote a love of books and reading to all by offering the tools, advice and information needed to help their members and browsers to find their next favourite book.
LoveReading4Schools supports time-strapped teachers and librarians in schools to help engender a life-long love of reading in their students.
- They have an Editorial Panel of experts who read and review the best books around to help encourage reading for pleasure at home and school.
- LoveReading4Schools houses every book these experts read, review and recommend on their sister site LoveReading4Kids.
- The new website relaunched in January 2019 and comes with tons of added functionality and a fully updated set of reading recommendation lists for every year group from Early Years to Year 11.
- These will be updated annually and their overall mission with these is to promote reading for pleasure with quality texts that are perfectly pitched for the age group and the curriculum. They have particularly avoided blockbusters, classic or set texts, known to everyone so that they can include poetry, stunning information texts and inspirational books in which all children and young people can find themselves reflected.
- Working with institutions across the educational landscape, LoveReading4Schools has also developed a panel of teacher reviewers and school librarian reviewers who work with their Editorial Experts to support them in their goal of finding and recommending the best books for the school environment.
- They also relaunch in January 2019 with an exclusive partnership with Browns Books for Students. This ensures the books on the site can be bought easily and cost effectively from a trusted supplier such as ourselves.
Already supporting over 10,000 practitioners across the UK, LoveReading4Schools will become the one stop shop for teachers and school librarians looking to keep up-to-date with the best books for children to encourage reading for pleasure.
The site is complemented by half-termly newsletters, so sign up today to support literacy in your school.