- Why does performance in writing tend to lag behind that in reading?
- Are the productive skills of speaking and writing more difficult because they require the learner to make something new?
- What does it mean to develop as a writer?
- Reviewing and comparing models of writing pedagogy from the last fifty years
- Discussing the notion of development in depth
- Developing a new theory and model for writing in the multimodal and digital age
Andrews and Smith argue that although existing theories have provided insights into the teaching and learning of writing, we need to bring such theories up to date in the digital and multimodal age.
Developing Writersis designed for teachers, academics, researchers, curriculum designers, parents and others who are interested in writing development. It will also be intended for anyone who is interested in developing their own writing, and who wishes to understand the principles on which such development is based. Continue the conversation at www.developingwriters.org.