Action research for improving educational practice: a step-by-step guide
Whether you are a busy teacher doing research in your classroom, an undergraduate starting your research project, or a Masters level or education doctorate student writing up your dissertation, this step-by-step guide takes you through every stage involved in carrying out Action Research.
In this brand new edition, you will find additional guidance on:
- philosophical underpinnings of Action Research
- the challenges of being an insider researcher
- searching and analysing literature from the internet
- children's participation and children's rights in action research projects in educational settings
- validity and authenticity in action research
- a new chapter on writing for publication
- an action research planning sheet.
This book draws on Valsa Koshy's extensive experience of supervising researchers at all levels, and includes examples of Action Research carried out by practitioners across a range of topics and age groups. Case studies include UK and international examples, allowing you to reflect on multiple perspectives of Action Research in education.
Those new to Action Research, and those looking for a straightforward explanation of the methods involved, will find this book invaluable.
Valsa Koshy is Professor of Education and Director of a Research and Development Centre at Brunel University.