The objective of Contemporary Research: Models, Methodologies, and Measures in Distributed Team Cognition is to advance knowledge in terms of real-world interactions among information, people, and technologies through explorations and discovery embedded within the research topics covered. Each chapter provides insight, comprehension, and differing yet cogent perspectives to topics relevant within distributed team cognition. Experts present their use of models and frameworks, different approaches to studying distributed team cognition, and new types of measures and indications of successful outcomes. The research topics presented span the continuum of interdisciplinary philosophies, ideas, and concepts that underline research investigation.
- Articulates distributed team cognition principles/constructs within studies, models, methods, and measures
- Utilizes experimental studies and models as cases to explore new analytical techniques and tools
- Provides team situation awareness measurement, mental model assessment, conceptual recurrence analysis, quantitative model evaluation, and unobtrusive measures
- Transforms analytical output from tools/models as a basis for design in collaborative technologies
- Generates an interdisciplinary approach using multiple methods of inquiry