Practical transfusion medicine.
1119129427 / 9781119129424
Previous edition: 2013 Description based on CIP data; item not viewed.
The fifth edition of this practical textbook on transfusion medicine has been thoroughly revised with the latest in scientific and technological developments and edited by a leading team of international expert haematologists, including new co-editor Mark H. Yazer MD.
- A succinct and user-friendly resource of transfusion medicine for clinicians, scientists and trainees with key points, charts and algorithms
- Discusses practice in blood centres and hospitals including regulatory aspects, transfusion safety, production and storage, donor care, and blood transfusion in a global context
- Coverage of cellular and tissue therapies and organ transplantation including stem cell collection and haematopoietic stem cell processing and storage
- Review of the development of the evidence-base for transfusion medicine
- Content on the clinical practice for transfusion and alternatives to transfusion