0335240364 / 9780335240364
This bestselling book will help anyone who is engaged in teaching adults. Whether you are working with groups or individuals, in a formal or informal setting, face-to-face or via distance learning channels, it will help you to develop a relationship with your student learners while increasing your understanding of yourself as a teacher.
The authors examine different aspects of teaching including:
- What is meant by adult learning and what are the main characteristics of adult learners?
- What is the nature of learning and how does theory relate to practice?
- How do teachers plan learning, set goals and objectives and most importantly how does a teacher know when learning has taken place?
Key features of the new edition include:
- New research on unconscious and conscious learning
- Adult learning in formal and non-formal education programmes
- Fully updated and extended activities
- Opportunity for teachers to pause and reflect on their role as teachers