Industrial assets (such as railway lines, roads, pipelines) are usually huge, span long distances, and can be divided into clusters or segments that provide different levels of functionality subject to different loads, degradations and environmental conditions, and their efficient management is necessary. The aim of the book is to give comprehensive understanding about the use of autonomous vehicles (context of robotics) for the utilization of inspection and maintenance activities in industrial asset management in different accessibility and hazard levels. The usability of deploying inspection vehicles in an autonomous manner is explained with the emphasis on integrating the total process.
- Aims for solutions for maintenance and inspection problems provided by robotics, drones, unmanned air vehicles and unmanned ground vehicles
- Discusses integration of autonomous vehicles for inspection and maintenance of industrial assets
- Covers the industrial approach to inspection needs and presents what is needed from the infrastructure end
- Presents the requirements for robot designers to design an autonomous inspection and maintenance system
- Includes practical case studies from industries